Terms & conditions
- These terms only apply to your use of the YourVoice platform.
- The YourVoice platform is a testing site and feedback forum owned and run by Marketing Lounge Partnership (“MLP”). MLP are commissioned to provide YourVoice for HSBC Bank plc, Jersey Branch.
- Any time you use the YourVoice platform, you're agreeing that you will be subject to these Terms and Conditions. If you don't agree, then you may not use the website.
- Privacy and cookies
- House Rules
These are the House Rules for the YourVoice platform, which you must agree to before you can sign up:
The YourVoice platform may offer visitors the chance to view and test new applications before they're officially released. So, you can only use the YourVoice platform to post comments, ratings and material that are appropriate.
Your comments should:
• be polite, respectful and civil to others, even if your views differ;
• be accurate when stating facts;
• only state opinions which are genuinely held;
• comply with the law of England and Wales and any country from which you are posting your contribution;
• be relevant;
• be original and not copy or plagiarise other people’s work; and
• be written in English.
You should not:
• defame any person anywhere in the world;
• promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age;
• publish, post, distribute or disseminate any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful, inflammatory, indecent, unlawful or otherwise objectionable;
• publish content which is spam or contains chain letters, pyramid schemes, surveys, contests or junk mail;
• publish content that could be judged to be equivalent to advertising (including, but not limited to advertising or offering to sell any goods or services) or promotional material, that violates third party rights, or in any way use the YourVoice platform to promote your own business or the business of anyone else;
• post content in any language other than English;
• contribute content with the intention of committing or promoting an illegal act;
• disclose any of your personal data or other information you do not want to be widely available;
• disclose your bank details or other financial or confidential information;
• post any content that reveals any personal information about yourself or any other living individual (for example name, e-mail address, telephone number or postal address). Where another person is identifiable in your contribution, you confirm that you have their consent (or that of their parent/guardian if under 18) to the submission of such content;
• infringe any copyright, database right, trade mark or other intellectual property right of any other person;
• breach any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence;
• publish anything which is likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person;
• impersonate any person, or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person;
• give the impression that a contribution emanates from any person other than you if this is not the case;
• advocate, promote, incite any third party to commit, or assist any unlawful or criminal act;
• post content which contains a statement which you know or believe, or have reasonable grounds for believing, that members of the public to whom the statement is, or is to be, published are likely to understand as a direct or indirect encouragement or other inducement to the commission, preparation or instigation of acts of terrorism;
• post content which contains a hypertext link to another web site;
• post or otherwise make available any material that contains, or directs other users to, software viruses, malware, or other code or files that may damage or interfere with computer hardware or software; or
• rate any application in the YourVoice platform more than once (unless we’ve changed it and asked you to rate the new version).
- License to use material
When you post content on the YourVoice platform you will be granting MLP what's called a non-exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty free (that means we don't have to pay you) worldwide license to use it. This includes reproducing, modifying, adapting, translating, publishing, distributing and displaying it and doing so in any format. If you're worried about giving us the rights to use your stuff, basically don't submit or post any content or materials.
- Unacceptable content
We may remove any posting or ban a person from posting. You agree that MLP may access, preserve, and disclose your information and any content posted by you in order to: (a) comply with any legal process; (b) enforce these Terms and Conditions of use; (c) respond to claims that any content posted on the YourVoice platform violates the rights of third parties; or (d) protect the rights, property, or personal safety of MLP, other users of this website and the public. Any personal information will not be shared with any other users and will be kept strictly confidential.
- Modifications to Terms and Conditions
We may want to change these terms in the future, and we reserve the right to do so at any time. Any such change in Terms and Conditions will be effective as soon as it's published on this web page.
- Information not recommendation
Information or opinions contained on the YourVoice platform do not constitute an offer to sell or a solicitation, or offer to buy, any securities or financial instruments or investment advice or any advice or recommendation in respect of such securities or other financial instruments. Should you seek to rely in any way whatsoever upon any content contained on the YourVoice platform, you do so at your own risk. Before you make any decision or take any action that might affect you or your personal finances or business, you should always consult a suitably qualified professional adviser(s) to obtain appropriate financial, legal, accounting, tax and other advice.
- Users of the site
You are wholly responsible for use of the YourVoice platform by any person using your computer and you must ensure that any such person complies with these Terms.
Products or services on the YourVoice platform do not constitute an offer or recommendation of any products or services provided by MLP or any of the HSBC Group members. The information provided on the YourVoice platform is not intended for distribution to, or use by, any person in any jurisdiction where such distribution or use would be contrary to law or regulation. The YourVoice platform should not be considered as communicating any invitation or inducement to engage in activity or any offer to buy or sell any products or services.
- Governing law
The interpretation, construction, effect and enforceability of these Terms and Conditions will be governed by English Law, and you agree to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts for the determination of disputes.
- Email Contact Agreement
By signing up to the YourVoice platform, you are allowing MLP to contact you on an infrequent basis about the YourVoice platform. The frequency of the emails will be dependent on the number of projects you are invited and sign up to. Due to the importance of email contact to the platform, you won’t be able to sign up to the YourVoice platform without agreeing to this Email Contact Agreement. Once you have signed up to the platform if you wish to unsubscribe from emails you will be required to delete your YourVoice account and all emails will cease.
Monthly Prize Draws Terms and Conditions
HSBC Bank plc, Jersey Branch.is offering registered HSBC YourVoice users an opportunity to win a £50 e-gift card in our monthly prize draw. (the "Monthly Prize Draws") and for each Monthly Prize Draw a winner or winners will be selected at random. These are the legal terms that apply to the Monthly Prize Draws.
HSBC Bank plc, Jersey Branch.is the “Promoter” of this Prize Draw.
The Marketing Lounge Partnership Limited (“MLP”) is operating each Monthly Prize Draw on behalf of the Promoter.
Can I enter the Monthly Prize Draws?
To enter the Monthly Prize Draws you must:
a) have registered and activated your HSBC YourVoice account.
b) be aged 18 years or over;
c) not work for the Promoter, MLP or have been involved in setting up or running the Monthly Prize Draws;
If you don’t meet or stop meeting any of these criteria after entering the Monthly Prize Draws, then you may be disqualified and any prize you may have won will be forfeited.
How do I enter the Prize Draw or any Daily Prize Draw?
All registered users, who have activated their YourVoice account, will be auto-entered into the Monthly Prize Draws. If you win one of the Monthly Prize Draws, you will be excluded from future Monthly Prize Draws for a period of 3 months.
There is no purchase required or entry fee to be in the Monthly Prize Draws.
What is the Prize?
The prize will consist of a £50 e-Gift Card from a supplier we choose. All entrants who win a prize are referred to as “the Winners” (each a “Winner”). There may be multiple Winners for each Monthly Prize Draw during the Prize Draw Period. There is no cash alternative and the prize can’t be transferred or exchanged.
How are the winners selected?
The Winners for each Monthly Prize Draw will be picked at random on the 1st of each month. The Winners will be contacted by e-mail within 7 days of the Prize Draw date. The email sent to a Winner will include details of the prize and how it will be delivered or if applicable how to claim it. The Promoter reserves the right to pick alternative Winners if the prizes are not claimed.
The odds of winning will depend on the total number of registered users.
What else do you need to know?
Winners may be asked for their permission to share their name and location for use in promotional activities. The Promoter and MLP and each of their group companies and contractors will not be liable (to the extent permitted by law) for any loss or damage arising out of organising or holding the Monthly Prize Draws or as a result of your participation in the Monthly Prize Draws including without limitation in relation to:
• the use or enjoyment of any prize; or
• if the Monthly Prize Draw does not run as planned.
The Promoter reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions or cancel the Monthly Prize Draws without notice. The use of the prize may be subject to the terms and conditions of the prize manufacturer or issuer and the Promoter and MLP shall not be responsible for such terms or the Winner’s compliance with them.
Our Privacy Notice explains how we collect, use, disclose, transfer, and store your information and sets out your rights
to your information. If you are an Expat customer, you can\ find it at expat.hsbc.com If you are an Islands customer you can find it at ciiom.hsbc.com/privacy/